CARTA opens new bus route from Summerville to Charleston | News
CHARLESTON, S.C (WCSC) - Travel from Summerville to Charleston is about to get a lot easier.
CARTA is hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony Friday at 1 p.m. at the Dorchester Village Shopping Center to launch their new Dorchester Express Route.
The new bus route, which includes three CARTA buses, will leave from the Dorchester Village Shopping Center and will end in Charleston. It will make stops at Boeing, Bosch, Joint Base Charleston, MUSC and College of Charleston along the way.
The service will officially launch on Monday at 5:15 in the morning, and buses will run every half hour until 9:45 a.m. Return bus service will run in the afternoon form 3:07 p.m. to 7:39 p.m.
The new bus route could not have come at a more needed time. CARTA estimates 35,000 more people have taken the bus compared to this time last year.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Dorchester County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trio arrested after deputies discover meth lab in Berkeley Co.
- Moncks Corner rape victim files suit against bond companies
- Berkeley Co. School District to host 'Stuff the Bus Golf Tournament'
- Police serving robbery warrants find drugs, rifle at Moncks Corner home
- Tornado warning issued for portions of Berkeley County